How to Remove Candle Wax from Hair?
If accidentally your hair catches wax, you must be feeling quite weird. Not knowing the right way to remove the candle wax from hair, you might be thinking of cutting them. Is that so?
Wait! You might not have to cut them. This procedure might help you in removing candle wax from your hair. So, it is better to try it before considering the last option – a haircut!
Use shampoo and conditioner:
- You can remove the wax from your hair by shampooing. It is better to use warm water.
- Like a general shower, wet your hair with warm water.
- Apply shampoo on your palms and rub it on your scalp; for hair starting from roots towards the tip. Let it stay there for a few minutes while you gently massage your hair to rub off the wax.
- Once applied fully, then rinse your head with water.
- After removal of shampoo, apply conditioner, start from the roots and move towards the tips. This will remove a significant proportion of wax.
- If all the wax isn’t out of your head yet, you can repeat the process till you are satisfied. Constant washing will bring your hair back to its original condition.
Use a hairdryer:
- This technique seems most effective in situations when the wax has already hardened. So, you’ll have to soften it a bit so it can let go of the hair.
- Touch your hair with soft hands and determine the portion with wax.
- Wrap the paper towel around your head so that the wax-stricken part is fully covered.
- Now plugin in the hairdryer and let the heat flow through the paper towel in your hair. You’ll feel the melting wax absorbing into the paper towel.
- Once you feel the paper towel is filled with wax, remove it and check if the entire wax is off your hair. If not, repeat the process.
- When all of the visible wax is out, use shampoo, and condition your hair to make them look cleaner.
Use Petroleum jelly or oil:
- Petroleum jelly and oil can dissolve wax. You can apply it to your hair and massage it properly.
- Leave it for a few minutes.
- Wash with warm water and a mixture of soap and dishwashing liquid (as petroleum jelly wouldn’t be easy to remove.)
- Repeat the process as required
You can use any of these procedures to bring your hair back to the original. It might take some time, but these solutions actually work.