These instructions will give you a good foundation for How to Make a Candle.
- Melt 1 lb. of 464 Soy Wax (16 oz.) using a double boiler. Heat wax to 185 F. (It is also a good idea to pre-heat the glass to about 125 F to avoid "pull away.")
- Add fragrance. You can use 1 oz. of Fragrance oil. When adding fragrance, stir well and remove from heat. Do not let fragranced wax continue to heat as the fragrance will evaporate out of the wax.
- While the wax is cooling, place a wick stickum on the bottom of the pretabbed wick and center the wick inside the bottom of the jar. Repeat this step for any remaining jars.
- When the wax cools to 125 F, carefully pour the wax evenly into the jars.
- Place the wick bar with the center peak facing up on top of your jar. Pull wick taut and gently press wick into the opening of the wick bar. This will keep the wick straight and centered while the candle is cooling.
- For best results, let the candles cool at room temperature overnight.
- Trim wick to 1/4 in. before lighting. (do this each time you light it) and enjoy your candle.
Congratulations, you just made your first soy candle!
When you sit back and light it for the first time take pride in the fact that you just made a eco-friendly candle. It's carbon neutral. Thank you for reading and good luck!
*Disclaimer - please be sure to follow the instructions carefully and burn your candle responsibly.