100% Soy Wax vs. Soy Blend Wax vs. Paraffin Wax
Our candles use 100% soy wax and emit no black petroleum based soot. Go ahead and try it with your current paraffin or soy blend candle - I'll wait. Okay? Light the candle and let it burn near a wall or piece of paper. You'll notice a black imprint on whatever surface you choose. If it sticks there - won't it stick to the cilia in the your nose or even worse YOUR LUNGS?
100% Soy Wax
- - Eco-friendly: Ever have a candle trigger an allergic reaction? Our soy candles contain no additives nor do they ever use any type of blending process. The result? Clean burning with no petroleum base.
- Our candles are made in the USA with our soy coming from American farmers. You'll get a product we stand behind, backed by American pride.
- Safe for the environment: Once you've burned our organic candle to the bottom and there's nothing left to use, you can scrape out the rest of the wax and save the glass! The wax is safe enough to eat!
- Oh yeah, we almost forgot! Soy candles burn for 30-50% longer than paraffin or paraffin blends. Don't be fooled by the word blend, that is still a mixture using some paraffin wax and is definitely not suitable for burning.
Soy-Paraffin Blend Wax
- Blends are just a clever mask for companies to be able to use the word soy in their candles.
- Petroleum based paraffin is still prevalent in the mixture and has been known to cause certain types of cancer (or birth defects or reproductive harm) according to California's Prop 65.
- Certain blends offer the fragrance throw of a paraffin candle with the safety of a soy candle.
- No technical information says the exact percentage of mixture but technical information does say, "this product not intended for food contact."
- Known to contain cancer-causing carcinogens.
- Burns very quickly.
- Not safe for human consumption (doesn't digest), would you breathe something your body can't handle?
- Great for scent throw. Candlemakers use paraffin wax in order to cut costs and save on manufacturing. More than likely, the paraffin candle you buy is not made in the USA. Our 100% soy candles are handcrafted in the USA.
Buy our 100% soy wax, minimalist design candles to add to your homes environment for a safe alternative to the average (and cheaply made) paraffin candle!